Battle of the Heart

My fiance and I were walking along a street one evening after a spontaneous Bible reflection with our friends from our community. I was telling him on how impossibly energetic I am even though it's already eleven in the evening.Maybe because I am excited that that it's only a couple of days before my 30th birthday. 

Someone told me that I should make sure that I have traveled outside the country before I hit those numbers. Some of the things that led me to my status today didn't allow me to fulfill that suggestion- yes, I am that easy to convince specially if it's about travel. For some reasons, I am not worried. Actually, I am excited because I believe that in the next months, my dream to travel around the world will finally start. But what really lead me into this kind of mindset right now? 

I realized that in order for me to make these big dreams come into place, I have to do things I am not comfortable of doing.

1. Set my goals

    "Face it like a grown up with resolve, a will of steel, and unbending optimism. Create a realistic Battle Plan"

    Last year, I wrote a couple of things I want to fulfill: to enroll in MBA class; go to a place I have never been before; and spend time on the beach. Before the year ends, I realized that I checked off these things on the list. Not too shabby, isn't it? 
    Before the year 2018 entered, my fiance and I sat down and picked our notebooks and listed down the things that we want to achieve this year. After almost an hour, we compared it with each other and was amazed on how aligned we were on our goals. 
    It was a sort of an assurance that the vision that we have for our future will eventually happen because we are now speaking of the same language, going into the same direction and hitting one common target. It may sound like our relationship is a business plan but I have seen a lot of successful marriages and the common story that I hear from them on why they have a successful relationship was because they have a common goal. All of them have set a timeline for their wedding, how many babies they want, how many dates do they have in a week, how are they giving value to other people, etc.

2. Set my priorities

    "You will be called on to help others so that they too can succeed. If you are called to lead, do so with confidence. Respond with generosity and relationships will benefit."

    I made a tough decision last year and it was not a comfortable one. I was contemplating on what should be the things that I have to let go so I can fulfill my purpose. I also had to look deeper into myself to know what I am capable of doing. 
   What was really my passion and why do I feel that the activities that I am doing are not helping me to get to where I want to be?
    One person told me that I have to make sure that I should be aware on the needs of the people around me and that what I do should be adding value to a person's life. If I achieve that, that's how I would know what my purpose is.
    It was never easy because I have to prioritize self improvement and attitude adjustment. I am still a work in progress in this area but the day to day series of successes that I have is slowly building up my confidence and assurance that I am on the right track.

3. Set my own pace

   "Grace teaches you patience to proceed without impetuousness because positive aspects are at work."
   
   I have never been a fan of planning, using organizers or calendars. I have always act according to what I feel and to my intuition. But then, I realized that because of these habits, I tend to divert myself easily and forget about my goals or even the dreams I set for myself and for the people closest to me. At the end of the day, it was not helpful.
   Someone gave me very simple yet powerful monthly planner. I started using it and filling it up with activities and appointments. I noticed that I have never been this productive in my career. But what amazes me was that the goals I have set before the start of this year are slowly becoming a reality. The activities play a vital role in getting you to where you want to go. 
   I am committed for the hard work that it entails. I know that anything that is of great value requires time and effort. Pursuing small habits and acting on the inspirations are the two things that help in striving for inner grace.

Comments

Popular Posts