The Fire Inside

"New Home"

That was what I felt when I started to give my time for service at a new location in the same community that I have been part of since 2013. It got me thinking, why am I really here? What led me to still serve as part of the Media Ministry again?

I have a long history of  my heart's trail of faith but I haven't imagined that I will be serving Him in front of the computer, which was the profession that I actually chose. Actually, I am not really creative, good at coding, nor patient with long hours in front of the computer. I just got used to it and eventually loved it. 

So here is the truth, I am not really good at what I do. I just kept on doing it daily, I didn't realize that it has become some kind of a practice for me to be a creative artist, whenever I am creating daily posters, bulletin, newsletter for free.

In one of the good years I have been with my ministry, I searched for a particular video about Media Ministry for reference and I found this verse that speaks truthfully why I am doing I am doing.:  Romans 10:14-15 How can people have faith in the Lord and ask him to save them, if they have never heard about Him? And how can they hear, unless someone tells them?  And how can anyone tell them without being send by the Lord. 

I believe that God speaks to me whenever I create things that will be eventually be read by a lot of people. It may not include my own story, but the work of my hands made it so that it can be readable to them. I was unintentionally praying that whoever reads this material will be blessed, or even change his or her life for good. 

It just hit me that last Sunday, this particular new Media leader that we met mentioned something about the materials that we are going to make on a long term perspective. She is right, what if someone reads this material 10 years from now? How can it affect him or her? I really appreciate that she thinks that way. 

I may not have written my own book yet, but I just realized that somehow, somewhere in someone else's drawer, shelf, there lies the bulletin I have made and it will be read 10 years from now. Giving a small smile to that person's face and feel God's love whatever they are encountering on that particular day. And that keeps the fire inside me burning.


Comments

Popular Posts